November 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

Wow...I am 34 years old!!!  Actually I don't really feel any older but I do feel wiser ;)  I decided to kick of my Birthday weekend in Kona in the only place in the world that I can find total peace in this world...the TEMPLE!  I flew over Thursday afternoon and spent the evening there.  I stayed overnight and then got up bright and early to send my Birthday morning communing with the LORD!  I really think this needs to be my new tradition.  Wake up and startof celebrating my birth by doing the Lord's work!  I said goodbye to my sweet temple worker sisters (as Laie will be opening and I wont be back until next year) and said "see ya later" to my Kona Temple.  I admit I cried a little but then focused on my beautiful Laie Temple that is opening in a few days!!!
The night of my birthday is also the night of my Wedding Anniversary.  Lee and I go to 21 Degrees North (fine dining restaraunt @Turtle bay) every year and my sweet and amazing best friend in the whole world offered to take me there for my Birthday:)  Lee loves Alii almost as much as I do and was so happy to know that he would take me out to celebrate.  Lee sent me sucha beautiful Birthday/anniversary card that told me to PROMISE to have fun and celerate my life becuase that is what Jesus would want...and to not be sad.  I was a little sad but had so many wonderful things to keep me smiling.  Alii and I talked andlaughed and ate yummy food and it really was the perfect way to spend the night!
I told the waitress that I dont eat sugar/carbs and she said her sister was on a similar diet.  Well when we asked for hte check, she brrought out this amazing and beautiful dessert for me!!!  I am in the stage where I can have a small amount of berries so this was perfect.  She ot a very nice TIP!!!!
Saturday we celebrated my irthday with Sara nd the kids.  I wanted to get in the Christmas spirit so we went to Wondward mall to participate in their fun Christmas activites.  We ate breakfast at IHOP first then I got a mani/pedi while Sara and the kids played:)
The got to see Geoffery the giraffe from Toys-R-us...
Made Chritmas ornamnets and bags while watchign the Nutcracker...
And we played in he "snow" that was coming out of the top of the Christmas tree...aka Bubbles!

All in all it was a wonderful Birthday and I am truly blessed.  I only have one more without my hubby but really he comes home three weeks later so I think I will change my Birthday/Anniversary to Decemer 11th next year:D

3 comments:

Janet said...

I'm so happy you had a wonderful birthday.....and you are looking AWESOME!!!!

Emerson Experiment said...

Shoots! What a smart waitress you had...I'm so glad your bday was the bomb...

Dec 13th is good for me!

hine.T said...

I loooved your birthday and that you were able to spend it with the next best thing to your hubby (Ali'i). That is awesome! Top it off with a dessert from someone who understands...again...LOOOVED your birthday! :)