I've decided to post my recipes on my blog (as they get a lot of attention on FB)! Sundays are my cooking days. We don't have church until noon and I can't sleep past 8am usually (darn body clock) so I spend my mornings cooking/baking, getting my Beehive's lesson ready and listening to Music and the Spoken Word! Its a nice relaxing morning and I get to experiment with new recipes. I am not a hue follow a recipe exactly fan, so I improvise a lot. Sometimes it works and other times not so much;P So be patient with me! I also add a lot of "in hindsight" comments because I'm always looking for ways to improve my recipes. Don't take this as a "they must not have turned out great" comment...its more of a "how can I make these even MORE evil and yummy" comment! Enjoy and let me know if you tried the recipes and how they came out!!!
Chicken Corn Chowder
1- Can Chicken (Costco brand)
1-Cup Canadian Bacon or Ham chopped into bite sized pieces
1/2- Medium onion diced
3- Celery stalks chopped finely (app 1/2 C)
2- Cups potatoes peeled and diced
1- Can sweet corn
Spray your crock pot with cooking spray and then add all above ingredients
Season with Garlic Salt, Pepper and Italian seasoning (I just do a few shakes but if I had to guess Id say 1 Tablespoon of each)
I didn't have any fresh garlic but if I did I would add a Tbs
Then add:
1- Can Chicken Broth
1- Can Cream of Chicken Soup
Cook on high for 4-5 hours (until potatoes are tender)
About 30 minutes before done cooking add
1-8 oz. Cream cheese
and stir until semi melted and let cook 30 minutes.
I had some leftover Half and Half so I poured in a bout 1/2 Cup for good measure but not necessary;)
Top with shredded cheddar cheese
PS- This only filled half of my crock pot (4-6 servings). You could double this recipe for a larger family and only increase cooking an hour or so. I froze 2 servings fora rainy day!
PS- This only filled half of my crock pot (4-6 servings). You could double this recipe for a larger family and only increase cooking an hour or so. I froze 2 servings fora rainy day!
It came out creamy and yummy and I served it with buttered sandwich bread and was DELISH! but of course would be fabulous with a a bread bowl!
Coconut Lemon Bars
I found this recipe on the back of my Best Yet Powdered sugar bag!
1- Box of Lemon Cake mix
OR
1- Box of yellow Cake mix with 15 drops of DoTerra Lemon Oil ( I didn't have lemon cake mix and it came out fresh and very lemony)
1- Stick of butter melted
1- Egg
Mix together until it forms into a ball of dough
Press into a 13x9 pan
Sprinkle Coconut to your taste on top (in hindsight, I would have mixed 1/2 cup of shredded coconut into the dough)
Then in a bowl add
1- 8 oz. Package of cream cheese softened
2- Cups of Powdered sugar
3-Eggs
Mix with a hand mixer until silky smooth (in hindsight I would have added a few drops of lemon oil here too) then pour evenly over the dough
Bake at 350 Degrees 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown.
I used a glass pan so it took an extra 10 minutes for the top to turn light brown but then the crust was a little over cooked. Its like brownies...they look under cooked but settle well after resting. So just watch and gauge your batch:)
Let it cool for 5 minutes and then sprinkle with powdered sugar and coconut. (in hindsight I would have added the shredded coconut the last 10 minutes or so to get a toasted flavor)
I think they came out super YUMMY and perfect for a tangy summer dessert:)


2 comments:
LOOKS SO GOOD!
I haven't tried cooking with the DoTerra oils yet. J can only imagine how the lemon bars tasted?! Yummy eats u got here. Keep 'em comin!
Post a Comment