
As I was taking my pumpkin pie out of the oven Thaksgiving evening, I threw my back out!!! So for a week I have been drugged during he days and up all night. I was getting MAJOR cabin fever and had a really stressful day yesterday. (Cant you tell by the way I look?)

Well at about 5am this morning, Lee jumps up out of bed and tells me to get dressed. He grabs my warm jump suit and I take a hot shower to warm up my stiff and aching back.

He then grabs Kayla and we get into the truck and drive up to Laie point. Its about 5:45am at this point and its still VERY dark. So we plant our selves at our favorite spot and let Kayla run a muck while we cuddle and talk.

As the darkness fades and the sky fill us up with color we are both amazed at how GORGEOUS the ocean, sky, mountains and our KAYLA is:-)

I was feeling yucky so I refused to let Lee take any more pictures of me and he tried to refuse but he gave in when i promised him I wouldn't put these up on the blog...LOL!

the last time we saw a sunrise together was on our 1st anniversary when we went on a cruise and watched the sun rise from our balcony over the open water.

I love the shades ofpink and orange!!!

Finally the sun is peeking out over the horizon!

The pictures DO NOT do justice to the array of colors that filled the morning sky.

Isn't it BEAUTIFUL???

As I sat there with my Honey and my puppy I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming feeling of love and grattitude for the blessings I have in my life.

There are too many to list but I have to say that I am SO BLESSED to have such a caring, romantic, spontaneous and loving husband. He knew that this is exactly what I needed to get out of my funk and get a fresh take on life and he needed one too!!!
I tried to capture the sunrise for you so hopefully you can feel a tiny bit of the AWE and WONDER that we felt as we watched this amazing occurence that happens each and every day of our lives...and has occured since the beginning of time.
If you turn up the volume you can hear Lee telling me about how the sun isnt rising, but the earth is rotating and how fast it is moving. He always has these tidbits of information that I never knew and I love it when he has those moments..he really has the gift of teaching.
Needless to say that it was an amazing way to start my day and even now I can feel the warmth of the sun on my face and smell the lightly salty ocean breeze as it blew through my hair. It was a PERFECT MOMENT that I will never forget.
7 comments:
What an amazing morning - the last time I watched the sun rise from the point was the day I got married. Time flies . . . wish I were there.
Oh how I miss that. I sure did take that for granted. I'm so sorry to hear about your back. Hope you feel better soon. Love ya!
Absolutely beautiful Mibi! Makes me so so so homesick! :) Mahalo for the pics!
How beautiful! :) Thank you for sharing.
A sunrise over Laie...sigh, sigh, sigh. So beautiful, so much homesickness.
I surely do missed those things about home. I am glad to see you are doing so well. Have a great holiday season.
Like everyone else, this makes me homesick (even though I'm not from Hawaii). I love the ocean!
Post a Comment