December 31, 2008

So long 2008...ALOHA 2009!!!

Lee has a new "shadow" in his life. D'armin (spelling?) is my classmates son and he has attached himself to Lee this past week. They are so cute together and he is a great kid!
He was back and forth between our house and his on New years Eve and kept bringng fireworks for himi and Lee to shoot off. Here he brought a flare to help light them which I thought was hillarious! So I had to snap a picture:-)
I think that Lee would set fireworks off every weekend if we could! This year we were tightly budgeted so we couldn't go all out like we did last year but were able to get a few founatins and "kiddie" fireworks (as Lee calls them) to keep him busy!
I was not feeling good at all (I ended up getting some kind of stomach flu that weekend) but sat outside and hung out for as long as I could!
I'm not sure what this was but they were shooting flowers and morning glories out of a metal pipe to get them to launch like rockets into the air. We had about 6 or 7 kids hanging ouside our wall all night to see what ingenious way Lee had thought up to make his "kiddie" fireworks more exciting! Thank GOODNESS we had like 3 nieghbors that had a TON of aerials and other fireworks that kept us entertained. See the video at the botom for an example!

This was our midnight fireworks show...it was the best we could do and NOTHING in comparison to our negihtbors across the street but we had our midnight kiss and then went inside to go to sleep....us old fuddie duddies were pooped:-)



This is just a small snippet of the AMAZING fireworks show we had every hour on the hour until Midnight and then this was just a portion of their midnight show. I have to say that this was the BEST year Laie has ever done and I don't even want to think of how much money they spent. But I am not comlaining because I was like a little kid oohing and aahing at all the pretty colors.


No comments: