June 20, 2008

Rocky Mountain Raceway

Lee and I needed to have some "adult" time so we escaped and went to the races over in Magna.
We actually wanted to go see the drifters but I think Utah is behind because there were only two cars on the drifting track and they weren't very good (compared to Hawaii).  But the drag races were fun. Lee kept saying, "Man I wish I had my Mustang!"...if we lived here I think this would be our weekend hangout!
I look terrible in this picture but we were EXHAUSTED from all the activities of the week...so that's my excuse:-)

Random funny story...when we decided to go to the races (which start at midnight) we were thinking of excuses to tell Mom of where we were going so late (because she is a Mom and still thinks we're little kids).  So Lisa and Arnold agreed to back us up and tell her we were going to walmart.  Well while Lee and I were getting dressed we decided that we weren't 16 anymore and that we should just tell her the truth.  Little did we know that Lisa was downstairs telling Mom that she thought we were going to Walmart.  So when we came downstairs to leave, Mom asked, "Where are you two off to" (even though she all ready knew) and we looked her straight in the eyes and said, "To the midnight races in Magna".  I WISH we had a picture of her face...I don't know if she was more shocked about where we were going or that we told her the TRUTH!!! She just looked at us with a confused look on her face and said, "OK" (which is so not what we expected...we were prepared for a long lecture about the dangers of driving at night or the many other disasters that could befall us after midnight).  We hurried out the door before she could change her mind. Lisa followed us outside and was like, "what happened to the cover story" and we told her that we thought the truth would but fun to try and she replied, "yeah I think you shocked her into silence...I'm gonna try that".  We laughed and left.  Well when we got home (around 3am) Mom was pretending to sleep in the living room...but she was TOTALLY waiting up for us...LOL...I love my mom:-)

No comments: