December 25, 2009

Mele Kalikimaka!


We were blessed to have Lee's family spend Christmas Eve and Day with us this year.  It was really hard for me this year to be away from my family.  Im not sure why but I really was heartsick for my siblings and their children but especially for Savannah.  I think that what makes Christmas so fun is seeing the excitement of children and I really have been missing that these past few years.  I will just have to try and find a way to get to Utah next Christmas:-P

We ate a lot of good food, watched movies and just spent time together relaxing and did I mention eating???

Christmas Day our neighbors came over to ring us some presents and we just LOVE their girls.  They are just the cutest things and really brighten my day with their smile and giggles. 

The Sister missionaries joined us for dinner.  Sister Ochiai and Magno always bless us with the sweet spirit they bring into our home.

Okay...I tired this recipe for the first time ever and OH MY HEAVENS I am in LOVE:-P  Pumpkin crunch which consists of pumpkin, pecnas, yellow cake mis and TWO sticks of melted butter.  It is my new favorite thing to bake but I have to cut the recipe in half or I will eat the entire pan myself.  It was a big hit and I think I will try and add some kind of cust on the bottom. 

This is Christmas Eve dinner.  I didn't get a chance to take a picture of Christmas Day Dinner which was much better.  I made stuffing from SCRATCH and it came out GREAT. Granted it took a few hours but I could have cut that time in half if I had baked the cornbread ahead of time like I had planned. Once again it wasn't fat free by any means...it was a cornbread stuffing with bacon,onions, celery, apples, pears, mushrooms and two more sticks of butter.  Stuffing/Dressing is my favorite holiday food and I have to say that htis is the BEST stuffing I have ever tasted. 

1 comment:

Emerson Experiment said...

Hi Mibi! I just wanted to say that I love pumpkin crunch and someone suggested to me once to make a cream cheese icing (from scratch, any recipe u like) and flip the pumpkin crunch (so the nut/cake part is the crust) and put the cream cheese icing as your topping. Ooooh soo good! Your layout looked fabulous! Food tastes better when u cook from the heart! Luv ya!