THE CONE OF SHAME!!! I love the movie "UP" and this week when we had to put a cone on Kayla to keep her from licking an infected toe...well I couldn't help but laugh when I saw her sad little face in that cone. She really does go from happy to depressed when we put it on. We tell her how cute she is and give her treats...but to no avail! But Im thankful that she didn't have to go to the Vet and that my hubby was able to wrap her up and get her all better:-P
Of course after using an entire roll of gauze and then using three layers of tape to secure the bandage, we awoke the next morning to pieces of gauze all over the room!!! But the loving care that Lee showed Kayla while dressing her "injury" reminded me of how he used to care for me when I would through my back out. He was always right there for me and maknig sure that I was comforatble and had the est in home care possible. And now that I am having to do the same for him...I truly understand how much he did for me and how grateful I am that I am now able to return the favor!
Im thankful that I have a cuddle bug for a dog! I can always count on Kayla snuggling me and giving me all the attention I ever need or want! Although sometimes she is super clingy...I know that when I need some wet kisses and a lot of cuddle time she is right there!
Im thankful for the Sister Missionaries...not only for their service to the Lord and the Church but for entertaining me;-P Our new sister is afraid of Kayla aand she would just laugh and hide behind her companion and we all just laughed and laughed. She obviously wasnt THAT afraid because we would never let Kayla inthe room if it was going to traumatize her...but she only likes Kayla from a distance and Kayla had just jumped on the couch next to her right before I shot the picture. They always bring such a special spirit in the home and we are so lucky to have them in our lives!
This is Brinnley...she is our neighbor and she learned how to say Kayla recently. Im so thankful to have such sweet and lovign neighbors. The girls are always wanting to talk to us and show us cute things that they can do and it feels so nice to be able to have children in our lives on a daily basis. I miss Savannah and my nieces and nephews so much but the Johansens have made us feel like we really are "Aunty Mibi and Uncle Lee"! They bring us treats and invite us over for FHE and just include us in their lives. With Lee not feeling well they have been so caring and thoughtful and I just really count my blessings that they moved in next door!!!
Last but not least...Im thankful that I live so close to a Temple. Although it is not open until next summer, it has been a blessing to be able to just walk around the grounds and feel the spirit so strong there. We are always welcomed so warmly and just the other night were surrounded by ALL the sisters missionaries that have ever taught Lee EXCEPT for the one that has gone home. It felt like a reunion and we just love being able to see all the sisters even though they leave our ward...they are always at the Visitors Center:-D






No comments:
Post a Comment