November 11, 2008

Lisa and Jessica are finally here!!!

My pictures loaded backwards so scroll down to the bottom and read up from there:-)

Lisa about died when she saw the price of milk and that it was on SALE:-) Now you can find it a lot cheaper at Costco but at Foodland this is what you have to pay for some VIVA!

After a trip to Wal Mart we drove home and stopped at Turtle Beach so Jessica could see our famous North Shore turtles.

Jessica got to "pick a pearl" at Dole. She found a very "ugly and hairy" (the salesperson told her to look for those qualities in a pearl not a husband...LOL) oyster gorgeous pink one that we are going to have Oma set for her to wear as a necklace.

They had all the different pineapple plants from around the world on display.

We are such tourists...but Jessica had a blast!

After stopping by Sharks cove (I forgot that picture) and getting stuck for an hour in Waimea traffic we made our way to Dole Plantation. They have the best pineapple ice cream and lots of fun stuff to do for Jessica. I couldn't resist jumping into one of these and taking a picture!

We had to stop by and show Jessica where Mom and Aunty Mibi went to High School.

Jessica is an animal lover and so I knew that she and Kayla would be attached at the hip. I think she would be perfectly content with sitting on the lanai with Kayla her whole trip!

I had to tease Lisa that morning when she was telling me how she found these really cute slippers was a STEAL. So I asked her what Corona meant (I alerady knew) and she said, "Isn't like Roxy"? ROFL...I then procedded to inform her of what company Corona was and she about died...so when I took the picture she KNEW it was going on my blog:-)

The first thing we did the next morning was hit the MAASADA trcuk at the shopping center. Nothing beats a hot malasada for breakfast!

Of course on the way home from the airport we HAD to stop at Zippy's and get some ono grinds:-) Jessica is wearing the sweatshirt I sent her for Christmas!
After lots of planning and a failed atempt at a family vacation (courtesy of ATA going bankrupt) Lisa nd Jessica finally got to come to Hawaii (courtesy of Mom and Dad). Jessica was a baby when she was here last so this is her first official trip home so we had a ton of things planned.

3 comments:

Star Gazer said...

I bet you are so happy to have your sister and niece visiting! The pictures are great! :) It makes me want to go home too!

Jessica said...

Love the pictures!! Miss Hawaii!!! Dying over the price of milk!!! AHHHHHH. It's my favorite thing to drink. Maybe I don't miss Hawaii as much as I thought. It's the same price as going to a movie, or a meal for one at a decent restaurant or. . .it's crazy!!!

Jessica said...

Love the pictures!! Miss Hawaii!!! Dying over the price of milk!!! AHHHHHH. It's my favorite thing to drink. Maybe I don't miss Hawaii as much as I thought. It's the same price as going to a movie, or a meal for one at a decent restaurant or. . .it's crazy!!!