I am SOOOOO grateful for My Laie 8th Ward Ohana! When I woke up at NOON today (I was up until 530am watching NEW MOON) and took Kayla out to potty I noticed our grass was freshly cut and looking gorgeous!!! I saw our nieghbor raking so I assumed it was him....but when I thanked him he said it wasn't him he just got home from work. But he reminded me that the ward had a yrad clean up service project this morning. I felt a hug rush of grattitude sweep over me and I was so touched by their love and thoughfulness. Than I started thinking of how lucky we are to live amongst such amaizngly selfless and loving people. I was a little embarrassed becuase we slept thorugh it all and of course I thought of a dozen different peopel who deserved it more. But I thanked Heavenly Father for this blessing and then sent a few thank you calls and emails out to the ward. I have a strong testimony of my church and know that it teaches us to serve and love one another but to see it in action is truly AWESOME!!!
Im grateful to get out of the HOUSE. For the last two weeks we have been sick or just exhausted in general and havent left the house except to go to work and Foodland:-P So it felt SOOO good to get dolled up and have dinner and play some games at Dave & Busters a few nights ago. Lee has been very anti-picture lately so he took one of me instead:-P But we literally havent been out on a "date" for a long time and boy it felt good. I love that we can still have fun together and laugh and play. Its so nice to have a Husbad that I can play with and just like hanging out with. I really think that is the secret to a succesful marriage...just genuinely enjoying each others company and Im so grateful that we do!!!
The last thing that I am grateful for is silly but CHANTILLY PUFFS from Zippys just make me HAPPY!!! After Dave & Busters we stopped by Zippys and grabbed two to go. I saved them for the next day and ate it while watching "Maid in Manhattan" and I wa sin HEAVEN. For those of you who dont know what this is...its a chocolate cream puff but what mkes it so special is the frosting on top. Its called Chantilly and its a buttery, creamy, caramelly type of frosting that they only make in Hawaii and it is SINFULL!!!!! LOL...I texted a picture of it to a few of my friends on the mainland and they were all cursing my name:-P It such a simple thing but Im truly grateful to live in a place with delicious foods!!!
SO WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK??????????



2 comments:
I'm so happy you are feeling better. I hate to be sick,or just soooooooooooo tired!
I need to come to Hawaii and have you take me on a food tour. all the pictures of your favorite foods and restarunts make me hungry.
Post a Comment