The last few days I have really been admiring the beautiful island that I live on! This is a shot a took as I was walking to my car leaving work at Turtle Bay Resort. I see this exact view every day and it still takes my breath away! I am so blessed to be able to have a job that supports me, that is 15 mintues away and that I love to do...in a place as gorgeous as this!
I took this pictures as I was stuck in "surf trafffic" in Haleiwa. For those of you who don't know, "surf traffic" is when surf is good on the north shore and all the surfers are coming/going to catch a few sets or the tourists are slowly drivng by to gawk at trhe scenery or pedestrians are running across the street to get back to their cars after stopping to take pictures. On a two lane country road, this causes quite a traffic jam. Normally this is VERY irritating but as I crept along at 2 miles an hour I decided to enjoy God's handiwork and not scream at the people in front of me to MOVE IT!!! Where else could you be stuck in traffic with this kind of view? One of the most important reasons I love Hawaii is this gorgeous view that I see everytime I leave my house. You would think that after seeing it everyday for the last 30 plus years that it would be no big deal...but to this day, when I look at the Temple I just feel peace, joy and awe. Especially when I come home from work and see it glowing from a distance...I know that I am almost home. When times get rough I walk outside and look towards the temple and realize how blessed I am to have the knowledge of the Gospel and to be able to live a stones throw from this sacred and magnificent place. Then all my troubles seem so insignificant and I think of the grander scheme of things...and am reminded that there is someone watching over me who knows what I need and will guide me no matter what I have done...HE is there for me always, through thick and thin, and I am a better person becasue of HIM. I dont think I would remember this as often if I didn't live where I do...and that is why I will probably never leave!


2 comments:
I wish we had view like that here in Ephraim! And by the way, I love your make-up!!
Thanks for the post...I miss home so bad, and now, thanks to you I miss it more!! Just kidding. Those are all things I know I took for granted until I didn't have them. We live 2 hours from a temple now, and I'd give anything to be able to just walk through my backyard and go do a session. Enjoy it for me! lOVE YA!
Post a Comment