September 27, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 2: My First Love

Day 2 of my Blog Challenge is proving to be a little difficult!!!  When I think of FIRST LOVE...I think of my Husband because he is my first TRUE love but boy oh boy did I think I had fallen in love several times in my life...beginning in the 2nd grade.  I was always a hopeless romantic and my favorite quote in High School was from Robert Frost..."Love is the irresistable desire to be irresistably desired"...if that tells you anything. But because of my life situation (being very sheltered and overweight) I never had a typical love life...lets face it ANY love life.  I never got a "do you like me check yes or no" letter, never had a secret boyfriend that would sit next to me on the bus on our 5th grade field trip, never asked out on a date or had a "boyfriend" in High School, went to prom with friends and had never been kissed until I was 26 years old and met Lee!  I had many friendships and what most people would consider "relationships" with boys that were my best friends but it was not the typical love story.  I was just that "one of the boys" or "the sister they never had".  Lee was my best friend too and started out that way but obviously, it turned into more than that eventually.  I never really knew love until I met and married my husband.  But even then...I don't think Lee or I knew what TRUE LOVE was until this last year.  We always loved each other and cared for each other but it wasn't until we changed our lives and devoted ourselves to the LORD and HIS plan for us...did we begin to know and feel LOVE.  If you would have asked me two years ago if I could love my Husband any more than I already did...I would have told you no.  But NOW, I look back and see how much my love has deepened and strengthened for him that it amazes me.  And I know that it will continue to grow as we overcome the 18 month trial of being apart physically. It has made us rely on communication and trust to work through our problems and we really have to express our felings to each other every day to stay connected as a couple.  And it has been the greatest blessing of our marriage!!! All of this is in preparation for us to be sealed for time and all eternity in the House of the lord...His Holy Temple...and I can only the imagine the love we will feel that day and every day for the rest of our lives together.  I wonder if in 20 years I will read this post and think, "Boy I didn't know a THING about love back then..." and I kind of hope I do because that means that we progressed and isnt that what this life is all about???  To progress, grow, learn and perfect ourselves to become like Jesus and doesn't Jesus LOVE PERFECTLY?  So if I ever get to the point where I think we have it down pat...maybe I should check myself because until I love my Husband like my Heavenly Father and Jesus love me...than I still have work to do.

P.S. I like this blog challenge..its giving my brain and my writing skills a much needed workout!

2 comments:

Linsey said...

This is very sweet.

Janet said...

I love seeing how you have grown and the goodness in you. I love you!