November 19, 2011

35 years old...and married 7 years today:)

I wanted to get this post in on my actual Birthday.  I will do another post later with pictures and how I celebrated but couldn't go to bed without expressing my gratitude for all of my blessings.  First and foremost I am grateful to my parents for giving me life and for raising me in the most beautiful place on earth and in the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for siblings who are also my very best friends...and for best friends who are like siblings! Life would not be as meaningful or entertaining without you all!  I am grateful for my Husband who started out as my best friend, became my husband and who will be my eternal companion.  He taught me what it felt like to be loved without limitations and helped me to love myself.  It has been a very rough road these past 7 years, but I wouldn't change one minute of it...because each minute got us to where we are TODAY.  I was able to spend 45 minutes with Lee today and for those few minutes I felt WHOLE. When we are together, all my worries melt away, our spirits seem to connect and it just feels right...like two perfect pieces of a puzzle fitting together.  I thank the Lord every day for blessing me with a husband who loves me and the Lord with all his heart.  I still can't believe he will be home in 21 days...I get so excited I can barely contain it when I think about him coming HOME!  Words cannot express my gratitude to my Savior and Father in Heaven for carrying us through these past few years.  I know it is only because of their love and mercy that our marriage survived...Lee survived...I survived...through this trial.  I am humbled when I think of all the many miracles I have witnessed while Lee has been incarcerated.  Lee has grown so much and his faith amazes me.  The Lord has used this time to refine and strengthen us both.  I have seen the Lords hand in our life in so many ways and today especially I am grateful for His constant guidance and support.  So as my birthday comes to an end, I am excited for what the Lord has in store for us in the coming year.  Thank you all for being a part of this journey with me and for your love and support.  Love always...Mibi 

2 comments:

Emerson Experiment said...

Happy Birthdayversary....Yes, I just made up the word for people like you who get married on their birthday! I love you!!! May you have many, many more!

Janet said...

I am so thankful that you know your worth because you are the best. We all love you so much!!!!!