November 16, 2011

Souther Sabbath...

I guess I disn't realize that we still grow cotton in America;) I wear it but had no idea what it looked like! These fields are everwhere in Mobile and it is so pretty.  
It almost looks like snow:) This particular field wasn't nearly as white or full as others we saw but we were on the way to church and stopped to get a picture.  And the wind was blowing my dresss so no I am not 9 months pregnant!!!
I was able to attend church with Lisa and I just loved her ward.  People are very friendly and it was Fast and Tetimony meeting and there was not one moment of silence...people just kept coming up to speak.  And my sister said thats how it is every Month!  Funny side note is that I heard some interesting words used...and Lisa explained to me that they have their own language in the south like "unconfousional" which may be a word but didn't sound liek one to me;P 
It was Allen's Birthday so we ate left over Thanksgiving dinner and lisa mad a carrot cake from SCRATCH! It was soooooooo good! 
Jessica palyed her flute and she is so good. And she is only 11!

Happy Birthday Allen...it was wonderful getting to know you and your beautiful family!

1 comment:

Emerson Experiment said...

And here I thought cotton grew on trees (LOL!)