After our tour of Florida beaches, we crossed back into Alabama to eat at the famous Lambert's Cafe. They originated in Missouri and Lee and I saw their show featured on Food Network:)
Very cute, rustic looking place and super fun!
I thought it was neat that they had an actual Honolulu Star Bulletin paper from Pearl Harbor!
Yes they are called the home of the throwed rolls because they actually throw you your rolls. And this one smacked me right in my face and then landed where you see it here. And they were HOT so kind of burned my face but SO WORTH IT because it was the most delicious roll I have ever eaten.
Do you see the size of their drinking cups??? Holy crazy!!!
The roll is as big as my hand and oh so yummy. At the bottom of the picture you can see the fried okra...not a huge fan but it was good to try.
Kenny is a hamburger connoisseur;) And look at the cute mayonnaise Happy face!
Jessica got the BBQ ribs...and I got meatloaf and didn't get a picture but it was yummy! After dinner we walked off our meal at some outlet shops...I didn't get any pictures BUT I got some awesome deals at the Oakley and Juicy Couture stores...I am SO sending Lisa back there for me after Christmas;P
We headed home with lots of take out plates and about an hour into the drive we stopped at Burris Market where they make homemade ice cream and cobblers! I tried the Strawberry and Peach and oh my goodness it was hot and sweet and flaky and perfect cobbler!
Maw Maw and Paw Paw with Jess and Kenny...
I just think its so neat to drive over water on a bridge!
The sky was beautiful on our drive home and I had to snap a picture.
1 comment:
BBQ and cobbler...how I am salivating right now! Gonna put this town on my Bucket List of places to visit!
Post a Comment